Department of Art and Design (ART, GDSG)
- Students will understand and demonstrate the design process from start to finish.
- Students can visually and verbally articulate chosen concept and final design solution in a classroom and professional setting.
- Student will exhibit graphic design projects with a professional level of presentation and craft skills.
- Students can critique or evaluate design skills and design solutions, individually and in peer situations.
- Students understand and demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software applications.
- Students will participate in the local art and design community.
- Students will have a working knowledge of the history and contemporary trends of graphic design.
Graphic Design (B.A. Degree)
A major in Graphic Design consists of a combination of art and graphic design courses that total 48 credits.
Courses Credits ART 1113 Drawing I 3 ART 1213 Design I 3 ART 1223 Design II 3 ART 2013 History of Art and Design 3 ART 2113 Color Visual Language 3 ART 2413 Vector and Raster Fundamentals 3 ART 2423 Vector and Raster Fundamentals II 3 GDSG 2433 Typography 3 GDSG 3413 Corporate Identity 3 GDSG 3433 Digital Imaging 3 GDSG 4413 Information Design 3 GDSG 4433 Professional Practice 3 GDSG 2113 Introduction to Web Design 3 MCOM 4203 Writing for Digital Media 3 GDSG 4371 Cultural and Communication Studies Colloquium 1 GDSG 1313 Introduction to Cultural and Communication Studies * 3 Art / Graphic Design Electives 5 Total Graphic Design Major Credits 51
An 18-credit minor in art is offered through the Department of Art and Design.
Courses Credits ART 1113 Drawing I 3 ART 1213 Design I 3 ART 1223 Design II 3 ART 2113 Color Visual Language 3 Art electives (must be above 1000-level) 6 Total Art Minor Credits 18
* Pending approval